Monday, April 5, 2010

The new Palisades Web Site

PalisadesPark.com has been online since 1994. Since then I have tried to always keep the site fresh and fun. At long last, I have given the site a complete makeover. This new site has been redesigned from the bottom up. It sports an all-new color scheme and should be more compatible with a wide variety of browsers. I have added some new features that I hope you will enjoy.

  • I have completely revamped the "Sounds" section, adding an automatic player for each song along with the lyrics to every Palisades tune. I think you will enjoy the all new "Sounds" pages.
  • Some rare clips of Palisades from the 1930s showed up on YouTube so I have added them to the "Video Gallery".
  • All of the articles that were previously located in the "News" section can now be found in the "Archives" section.
  • I have reworked the "Photo Gallery" from the ground up. I added lots of new photos. The Photo Gallery now uses Flash animation to create some nice effects while you are browsing through the photos. 
  • And of course, you have already found my new "Blog" page that I will use to keep you posted on the latest info about Palisades Amusement Park and this web site.

And coming soon, I hope to be adding a Hall of Fame section, dedicated to the employees of Palisades that made the amusement park such a special place.

I will be doing some tweeking of the site in the days to come. If you see anything that looks a little weird, please write me at vince@palisadespark.com and I'll try to address the issue as soon as I can.

Thanks to everyone who has visited this site over the years and for the very kind words so many of you have expressed. I enjoy keeping the memories alive and I will continue to do so in the years to come. Sometimes I don't have a chance to answer my email in a timely manner, but I want you all to know that I read every email and I always appreciate the feedback.

Best wishes,

Vin

No comments:

Post a Comment